If you are uncomfortable meeting people, have trouble remembering names, and want to make better first impressions, I’ve just found an article that lists five simple ways to make you more likable from that very first moment of contact.
1. Show genuine enthusiasm. You don’t have to force this, just be your natural self.
2. Offer a compliment. If you can’t think of something right away, pretend there will be a quiz to see how much you can learn about someone in five minutes. You’re bound to find something positive.
3. Ask at least two open-ended questions. Two questions ensure the conversation won’t die prematurely or become a one-sided monologue.
4. Find something you share. It’s easier to connect with people if you have something in common.
5. Repeat their name and commit key facts to memory before you leave. Remember, everyone likes to hear their name, and this reinforces both your likability and recall ability.
To read the full article, “Do These 5 Emotionally Intelligent Things Within 5 Minutes Of Meeting Someone” by Harvey Deutschendorf, go to https://getpocket.com/explore/item/do-these-5-emotionally-intelligent-things-within-5-minutes-of-meeting-someone.